Template: Featured Image (Vertical)
Template: Featured Image (Horizontal)
Template: More Tag
Template: Excerpt (Defined)
This is the post content. It should be displayed in place of the user-defined excerpt in single-page views.
Template: Excerpt (Generated)
This is the post content. It should be displayed in place of the auto-generated excerpt in single-page views. Archive-index pages should display an auto-generated excerpt of this content. Depending on Theme-defined filters, the length of the auto-generated excerpt will vary from Theme-to-Theme. The default length for auto-generated excerpts is 55 words, so to test the excerpt auto-generation, this post must have more than 55 words.
Be sure to test the formatting of the auto-generated excerpt, to ensure that it doesn’t create any layout problems. Also, ensure that any filters applied to the excerpt, such as <code>excerpt_length</code> and <code>excerpt_more</code>, display properly.
Post Page 1
This is a sticky post.
There are a few things to verify:
- The sticky post should be distinctly recognizable in some way in comparison to normal posts. You can style the
.stickyclass if you are using the post_class() function to generate your post classes, which is a best practice.
- They should show at the very top of the blog index page, even though they could be several posts back chronologically.
- They should still show up again in their chronologically correct postion in time, but without the sticky indicator.
- If you have a plugin or widget that lists popular posts or comments, make sure that this sticky post is not always at the top of those lists unless it really is popular.
Protected: Template: Password Protected (the password is “enter”)
This post tests comments in the following ways.
- Threaded comments up to 10 levels deep
- Paginated comments (set Settings > Discussion > Break comments into pages to 5 top level comments per page)
- Comment markup / formatting
- Comment images
- Comment videos
- Author comments
- Gravatars and default fallbacks
Template: Comments Disabled
This post has its comments, pingbacks, and trackbacks disabled.
There should be no comment reply form, but should display pingbacks and trackbacks.